Sunday, July 02, 2006

Pennsylvania Wedding II: The Wild and the Bubbly

Dum..dum.dum...Another one bites the dust!
We went up to Lancaster, PA this weekend, which, contrary to prior beliefs, is not 4 hours away. Mitch and Marianne tied the proverbial knot. It was loads of fun. Here are a selected few of the pics from this fantastico trip.

My first stop in Lancaster was at the Denture store. So convenient.

Lancaster was filled with adorable little slices of Americana. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any to photograph.

This is actually a composite of 4 different pictures. These stained glass windows were at the church where M&M became MR. & MRS. M&M. I love the little figures underneath each apostle. It feels like the sidekicks that come with action figures. I'm sure they have some significance that is far beyond my paltry religious knowledge. Anyway, I just thought they all looked really cool.

My second favorite stained glass: this one obviously inspired by Lady and the Tramp. Seriously, what is this dog? It's probably in Revalations.

That night we had the rehearsal dinner at a log cabin. Here is the lovely couple. I ate my filet mignon medium rare. It was a big step for me.

Chris and I: taken during the actual ceremony. I'm such a rebel. It was good to see you, man. Sorry for mocking you so much. Wait, no I'm not.

Here we have Mitch begging Marianne to let him play the back nine. She was not going for it.

Jesus and Priam. He looks very suspicious of me. No wait, I know that look...oh yeah...annoyed.

Jesus again. Did I mention he was the best man? Well, he was. And he wished peace upon us all.

Just after the speeches. Mitch's was better than mine. Curse you!

Poor Becky (Mitch's mom) was assaulted by multiple groomsmen. It was both horrifying and AWESOME.

My cute and very pregnant wife cutting a SERIOUS rug with Katie and the assaulters from above.

Rice was replaced by bubbles. I forget why. Oh yeah, I think it was so that pigeons didn't gorge themselves and die. Also, it looked pretty.

It looks like they're about to make the jump to light speed.

I just missed their make-out session. But at least I got the videographer with her Chewbacca battery pack (joke stolen).

The bubble blowing didn't stop there. In fact, I don't think it ever stopped.

Download this pic and the last one and alternate looking at each one really fast. It's like a movie.

I'm telling you, it was nonstop bubbles for hours.

At home we were greeted by this indescribable thing.

1 comment:

Aliyya said...

Omg. What IS that??