Wednesday, June 28, 2006

wow wow wow wow wow

Let's forget for a moment that the middle east is disintegrating into armageddon as we speak and talk about things that don't matter.

2nd coolest picture in the history of this blog:



Coolest picture in the history of this blog:


Megan made some new friends in Gibraltar. I need to go there! Although something tells me that having a monkey's butt on your head isn't as cool as it would seem.

So, I did something really stupid that I've done multiple times before. I got SUPER-UBER-MEGA-ULTRA-excited for a new movie to come out. So excited, that I watched every snippet that was dispersed in any dark corner of cyberspace before the movie was even released. I also got my hopes up so high that the movie could never quite measure up to my expectations. I had previously done this with Star Wars episodes II and III, and the Matrix trilogy. This time I totally did it for Superman Returns. Last night we went to the 10:00 showing (I was among the first people in the WORLD to see this picture: hooray Eastern Standard Time). And then something happened.
The impossible, some might say...
The movie EXCEEDED my unbelievably unreasonable expectations!!! Holy crap on a stick!!! I sat through the first 20 minutes with a giant shit-eating grin on my face. The movie was incredible. Now that I've ruined all of your expectations...
Seriously, I better stop before I start my own religion here. But it ruled. The effects in the plane sequence are so damn mind-blowingly realistic and sweet...

Ok, shake it off, shake it off...

In other news, I sold about 200 cds today in order to afford a sweet new camera. The dude who bought them (through craigslist) came to my house in an escalade and paid with cash. Then he handed me 3 cds and said, "here, just to say thanks. I think you'll like these." The world must be about to end. Or he's a rapist. He might even be The rapist. Or maybe just a therapist.

In order to balance out my state of ecstasy I went in for a dental cleaning today. Maybe it's just cause it's been a while but this was like no other torture I'd ever endured. I think I would rather break my arms again. It was AGONIZING! And the lady just kept saying: "OPEN BIGGAH, OPEN BIGGAH." Not fun.

Ok. Everybody go see Superman now. you'll understand.

Peace out.

No comments: