Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Holy shite, rain...enough already!


It turns out that vacation is only so fun when you are alone. My current feelings expressed through the majesty of song. I went to 7 or 8 stores today looking for some way to get my iPod to sit exactly where and how I want it in my car. I was not very successful.
And this rain! I mean, COME ON! What's the friggin' deal! I'm beginning to feel like I need to repent or something! Tomorrow night is Ben Folds at Merriweather and I wasn't smart enough to spring for the covered seats so I'm looking forward to an evening of mudslides and spilt beer.
Rob, you better get your ass up here soon.
At least I was able to find a game for my mac...no wait, I didn't actually ever find one...oh yeah, I was forced to go to my local dork-fest gamer's retail store and listen to "hey man, I'm really super sorry about not telling you about the extra-double-early-sneak peek of Superman tonight. I'll buy you a ticket for tomorrow's show if you'll still be my friend." The general lameness of the discussions in said store was only rivaled by the fact that none of the nerdworthy news was actually news to me.
Also, being a parsimonious son of a biznatch, I only allowed myself to purchase a discount used game. Upon arriving home I discovered that the game had been used on a circular sander to smooth out someone's chainsaw carving of YOUR MOM.
The poor sickeningly-hirsute bastard that rung up my order asked if I wanted to join the game-club and when I replied in the negative, he couldn't help himself from pointing out the multitudinous ways in which I was depriving myself of eternal glory by not taking part in it. He TOTALLY made up for it by replying to my "thanks" with "Party on."
I will now go upstairs and whimper as I kill some Vice City citizens all by myself. (this post turned out to be quite annular, now didn't it?)

1 comment:

napalmbrain said...

You are my GD hero, man.