Thursday, December 28, 2006

Mr. Mom: this is the bomb.

Christmas came and went in a flurry. Or with a fury. Something like that. A great time was had by me, on the whole, and I can't believe I'm back home again. Side note: there is nothing like vacationing to make one appreciate one's home. I love my house. I really don't want to move. Can't everyone I care about just move out here?
2 nights ago I dreamt that I bit my black cat's head off. Then a doctor tried to put it out of it's misery, because of course it was still alive, and he did so by pouring 1 liter of diet coke down it's neck. Of course, the cat's body had now become transparent and I could see the diet coke causing his heart to go into failure. But the cat wasn't dying and I kept trying to think of a good reason why I bit her head off, but there wasn't one. [cukoo!]

Staying home with a baby is so awesome for the following reasons:
1) I never have to shower
2) I never have to shave
3) When she's asleep, I can do ANYTHING!
4) See reasons 1 through 3.

Also of note, being sick is a nightmare. I don't remember being this sick for a long time. It is miserable. Scratch that, I am miserable. It came to a climax on Christmas, quite fittingly, and it seems to be settling down now.

And now for some pictures:

***NEW & IMPROVED Baby Sit-up Chair! Now you can place your infant in a room and FORGET ABOUT THEM!

Lucie loves Roberto

Gar took one look at this pic and then did the following:

Gorgeous.

My child hates Satan...I mean Santa. Well, I guess both, maybe? Yikes, I'll stop now.

Here is what sickness looks like.

Brook spelled without an E remained calm while Gar went LOCO.

Poor Fat Christmas Lucie pinned in her sit-up chair.

Lucie opens a present! It was a book by madonna, and signed by Madonna(?!?)

Just don't ask. Ok, ask. So this is me working on a star wars Lego Set graciously bestowed upon me by my mother-in-law. You may also notice that I have an LED headlamp on and that I'm delirious with sickness and fatigue.

This is what happens when I leave my camera out.

This is what happens when babies drink Red Bull. P.S. This pic was taken at 2 in the a.m.

P.P.S. Just kidding about the red bull.

P.P.P.S. The baby is awake [three dots in a triangle] this post is over.

No comments: