Monday, March 03, 2008

at zeh zoo

La-La and (t)Ed visited this week! It was awesome. Behold:

Ted showed us where South Park originated. (Look closely)


No explanation needed.


Lucie quite enjoyed their visit as well. So glad you guys came! We saw more movies in the theater with you guys than in the 8 months prior.

And now...
It seems like all I ever do is post zoo pictures up here. But it was 74 degrees in Denver on Saturday (no joke) so we figured we better get out and enjoy it a bit. Especially because the VERY NEXT DAY it looked like this:

My inner doppler radar has whiplash.

Anywho, here are some of the pics from our glorious day at the Denver Zoo.

The king of the forest. 

Le roi des forets.  
Lucie had no fear, even when he came right up to the glass. 

Lucie doing her best lion roar. 

Now she looks like lunch.

Restrained in her stroller, she was not a fan. 

Sea lion basking in the glorious March 1st weather. 

A yak!  How many times have I referenced yaks in my life?!?  Finally I get to see one for realsies.  Actually, I've probably seen them before but just filed them under "bull/bison" and paid little attention to them.

For gar's past lives: Rhino.  (btw gar: your new nickname is Ry-sauce.  Ask lar.)

He's not only the president of the hair club for male condors...

The stroller is getting to her...

She's got stroller madness!
Can you see her losing her mind?

Wow, somebody start singing "proud to be an american," quick. 

This one is for our Missouri Christmas card so they don't think we're terrorists.  Actually, the eagle is caged, so they'll think we definitely ARE terrorists. 

Ok, this picture sucks, but there is a reason.  Before I could get my camera out, lucie stood up against the glass and this crazy monkey/ape came running towards her and banged on the glass and shrieked right in her face!!!  It was nuts!  She freaked out a bit, but didn't cry.  She just backed up like 2 inches and kind of screamed back.  I rescued her in a fatherly manner and snapped this crap photo on the way out.  It was awesome.  

My all time favorite animal at any zoo.  When I win the lottery and lose my mind I will have a house full of these guys.  And lots of poop.


Name that movie:
"What's the fastest land animal?"
"The Cheetah.  Next?"


P.S. T-minus 25 days and counting until this:


Err...I mean, this:

No comments: