Saturday, March 22, 2008

When the levee breaks

"Looks like I quit the wrong week to quit amphetamines."
 
Good thing I'm not moving here. Oh wait...
 
 
So, I've had a continued stream of bad dreams.  The other night, before going to sleep, my cats were being annoying and I made some heartless comment about not caring whether they lived or died.  I was paid back by dreaming that night that both of my cats were about half of their normal size, and they were suddenly having the unfortunate predicament that their intestines were being extruded out of their bodies.  I tried to put them out of their misery by folding them into a hankerchief and stepping on them, kind of like that wine glass at Jewish weddings, but they wouldn't die.  Then I just tried to get them out of the house but they were determined to stay in the house and die before my very eyes.  I finally got them out but when they came back in they were normal size, covered in mange and were spraying water out of the sides of their bodies like so many holes in a dam.  Yuck.  Ever since that dream I've been really nice to my kitty-meows.  I experienced "a Christmas Carol" in microcosm. 
 
I also dreamt that my house was huge and the top floor was open to the outside world but it was still dark because the outside world consisted of the canopy of a large rain forest.  There were many large and scary non-rainforesty animals (bears, weasels) trying to make their way into my house.  It was spooky. 
 
Yesterday one of our patients, when she was told that we were going to start a new medication, asked if it "would make me cramp up again?"  Somehow my chief heard and repeated aloud, "God bless your grampa???"  I immediately fell into the screaming meemies and nearly had to leave the room.
 
 
 
 

No comments: