Saturday, September 27, 2008

oh boy...

Last night Melissa wanted to attend a debate party at the local republican party office. I don't really inform myself enough about anything besides acid/base disturbances lately to form a political opinion, but I generally tend to support Barack because he's such a smooth talker and just looks dreamy, don't you think? Anywho, I'm proud of Melissa for at least giving a crap. When she arrived at the party they had only set up a dinky little tv to watch the debate on. She called and asked if she could come and get our projector. I explained that it was broken and half the screen was dark. She said, "it's just for a few college kids, and anything is better than this t.v." So she came home and I pieced together a rickety ensemble of outdated electronics including some old pc speakers and a dvd burner so that their crappy Coaxial cable connection could be tubed through our dying projector. When I arrived, toddler in tow, it was considerably more than "a few college students." In fact, Frank Donatelli, deputy chairman of the Republican National Committee, was there preparing to speak. (Where's Waldo (Josh)?) I nervously fumbled with my crappy electronics, right behind the speaker, trying to see if I was even going to be capable of producing a picture. I finally got it working. Remember this is a projector, just like at your local movie house, albeit shittier, and the student leader comes over, while all the lights were still on, and says, "Um, does it get any brighter?" I informed him graciously that the lights would need to be turned down. However, even with the lights down, it looked like crap. The leader continued to bitch about the brightness and how "it seems skewed!" [Relating this story to Rygar later he thought I should have replied "maybe it's their perspectives that are skewed."] Anyway, as soon as I was at least 39% sure that it would at least be watchable I wrassled up my wild child (who chirped through Mr. Important's whole speech, btw) and tore out of there stopping only to tell my wife that I would never forgive her for this embarrassing moment. At least I'm famous now. I'm sure I'll get lots of misdirected credit from my republican superiors for being a McCain worshiper now.

3 comments:

brook said...

if the Repubs attending this shindig were so impo'tant why didn't they have any fancy equipment?

I'm sorry dude.

Gar Hole said...

because they've all lost their shirt in the stock market.

Sarah said...

This is the best story every. I love when people of critical of the charity they are receiving. I also love people's technical glitch words like "scewed". Scew you people!