Saturday, September 06, 2008

Wow and WOW.

So...I went Skydiving today and actually survived. Unfortunately the video is being mailed to me on Monday so I can't put that up just yet. However, in the meantime, here are some pics from the day, including the other wow: I got to fly a freaking plane!!!! I went up with my good friends, Julie and Brian who each jumped 4 or 5 times today. During their second jump (I think) the pilot let me fly copilot. See the pics below. This was pretty much the coolest thing I have ever done in my entire life. Riding copilot was cool enough, but then as soon as the skydivers had jumped out, he did a total nose dive and then said "Grab the controls!!!" I grabbed and he let go!!!! He motioned for me to turn from side to side. I did. Then he motioned for me to REALLY turn side to side "LIKE THIS!" he says as we almost roll over from side to side!!!! Then he had me do a 180 all by myself and even...get this...fly straight into a giant cumulus cloud!!! I was completely out of my mind excited. I just laughed and laughed. Then he motioned for me to let go and he lined her up and we touched down. UN-FRIGGIN-BELIEVABLE! And all this was before I even went sky-diving!!! I will save that description for when I can put the video up. Let's just say it was even MORE insane!!! So great. What a day. I think I could have jump-started a car with my sweat today I've been so revved up. Unbelievable.


P.S. And I get to go to work at 5:45 tomorrow (Sunday)!!! [trombone: wah-wohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh]

1 comment:

brook said...

That is freaking awesome! I'm so happy (and jealous) that he let you fly the plane. That is unreal!

Can't wait to see the vid.