Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Gosh, I'm feeling prolific

The other day a lady in our parking lot asked if I had any jumper cables. Sadly I did not. Later, her mother arrived and I thought, "I should offer to help." Thinking that I was a sexist pig for assuming that they would need my help, I did not offer any. Then, they got the car all fired up and immediately the horn started honking. It was a sad honk, but still a constant honk. Even still I did not offer to help for a couple of trips between my car and the apartment (I was unloading all the crap we brought from MD). Finally, I decided to not be a schmuck. I sauntered over and said "can I help?" The daughter frantically asked "Do you know how to disconnect the horn?!??!?!??" I had an apostrophe. ["I think you mean an epiphany." "Lightning...has just struck my brain." "Ah, well that must hurt."] "Have you tried removing the fuse?" "The fuse!" she replied. Within seconds I discovered the strange under-the-hood placement of the fuse box, and after having demanded the owner's manual, I found the proper fuse, yanked it out, and immediately the horn stopped. (please sing along)
I need a hero!
I'm holding out for a hero till the end of the night!
Cause he's got to be fast and he's got to be strong, and he's got to be larger than life!"


Fact: We need a nanny.
Fact: The neighbors directly across the hall from us seem like a trustworthy couple and have one daughter almost exactly a year older than ours.
Fact: The mother used to be a Pre-school teacher, also used to nanny other children, but is currently not employed.


So, Peter. I heard that your brother AND best friend live in Colorado now. Hmm...sure would be easy to find an excuse to visit the mile high city, now wouldn't it?


I was hauling crap from my car (same timestamp of first story) up to our 3rd floor apartment and multiple times felt faint and had to sit down. I was also really winded and thought, "gosh, I"m sure out of shape." A few hours later I remembered that I am now about 5000 feet higher up than Baltimore. Isn't science fun!?!? I'm going to start smoking and taking iron pills to see just how high my hematocrit can climb.

1 comment:

napalmbrain said...

Hematocrit. What a nerd.