Thursday, May 08, 2008

Post #302

I never paid attention to how many posts I've done on the shblog. Over 300! Not counting all the good old Haywood days.

A few nights ago I dreamt that I was having an ex-lap (exploratory laparotomy). I was awake during the surgery but couldn't talk. I was trying to use my hands to signal the doctors that I was awake but I couldn't get there attention. For the rest of the dream I was trying to avoid ripping open my huge new incision. It's sad when your work takes over your dreams.

I have a curse of always apologizing for any awkward situation whether it's my fault or not. LIke when you come around the corner and somebody was right on the other side and you almost bump into each other. I always say "sorry." Occasionally it makes me really annoyed because someone will do something obviously rude and wrong, but I will say that I am sorry. Then I get p.o.'d at myself for being sorry. Stop being sorry all the time? At the same time, however, I would rather be the guy who says sorry too often than the opposite.

There is a commercial running here for a pizza place called "Cici's" which shows some goofball pondering cutting into the buffet line. He imagines the worst possible thing that could happen if he did. A dream sequence follows of everyone getting really upset at him which culminates in his grandmother scolding, "Joshua David!" It trips me out.

Oh the Jazz. Why must you reel me in and then yank the hook out of my lip and throw me back in the water bloodied and jaded.

I love Denver.

We're moving to columbia this weekend. I'm looking forward to 11 hours in a 24-foot moving van. I'm not even joking. The thought of such an extended period of time with little to no responsibility (other than not crashing and destroying our every possession) sounds pretty appealing right now.

This post needs a picture.

This is the world's tallest man, Robert Wadlow who was 8 feet 11 inches at the time of his death. I mean, come on...

btw, those other dudes are about 6 feet tall.

1 comment:

gar hole said...

hells bells, i commented and got a glitch.

i'm too tired to care...

-gar