Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Blog neglect

I certainly have been a bad blogger lately. I do apologize.

I have currently lost my voice. Yesterday I sounded like Barry White, then last night I sounded like Dizzie Gallespie. Now I sound like Charlie Brown. The Peanuts character, not the jazz pianist, which is confusing given the penultimate comparison to a jazz great.

I am working a lot, but I don't feel overworked right now. I had a nice free weekend full of sleep and house organizing. Melissa got it all finished up and it feels like home again.

I bought a little flat screen tv for the crap of it. It's pretty neato except for some random technical issues that I won't bore you with. I look forward to owning a big old fat LCD some day. Although before that I will need to either a) buy a new stud-finder (start the joke-off) or b) become more proficient at using the stud finder, because I put a WHOLE lot of HOLES in the wall before I found anything that seemed remotely like a stud.

Lucie walks now. It is so great. I need to upload some video. Remind me to do that.

I am also hopped up on Dayquil caps (not the syrup: yuck!)right now, so I can't be held responsible for any strangeness.

I wonder how my med school friends who are now all interns are doing spread all over the place.

I wonder how my 10-year reunion was.

The iPhone sure is neato but I have been advised by my psychic guru to await version 2.0 before purchasing. We shall see if my discover card can remain sheathed that long.

It sure does rain a lot here. People keep telling me that it's unusual.

There is, supposedly, a Holyoak in Colorado. Well, there are definitely Holyoak's in Colorado, but there is supposedly a Holyoak, Colorado. Actually, I think it's a Holyoke, Colorado. So far I have heard that Holyoke is where the good bar was back in the 60's. I have also heard that Holyoke has a good football team. I will have to visit this mythic place.

Did you know that Colorado means "red" in spanish? Denver, Red. That's where I live. And Denver looks like a French verb. If I had to guess, I would think that it meant "to stutter." As in, "Je denve de temps en temps." Stuttering Red. Now that is a good band name. But is it spelled like that? Studdering. Stuttering. Stuttering is an onomatopea (now I know for sure that is spelled wrong). Otomotopotopeeya. I'll have to look that up. But seriously, how rude to make the word for stuttering a word that would be easy to stutter on. We should have called it "Jonesing." Like, "oh, my friend Steve...he joneses sometimes." Or, "Jake doesn't jones as much as he used to."

Ok, now that's the dayquil talking. No wonder meth addicts talk so much. But why do they have such bad teeth?

1 comment:

mrs. b said...

Save yourself a trip to the dictionary. It is correctly spelled onomatopoeia. I remember to spell it by saying this (besides being the awesome English teacher that I am!?!Sha!) ah-no-ma-to-po-ee-yuh. It's a fun word. My husband just had to put on his headphones because I was laughing too loud at your blog. Thanks!