Sunday, July 15, 2007

Zooropa

We took Lucie to the zoo yesterday. It was a lot of fun because she's old enough to see that there is some crazy stuff going down at such a place. The lion was her favorite, but the little monkeys were mine. Also cool: a hippo that was ridiculously large and in charge. Pictures to come up soon!

I asked a dude where the abdominal CT Scans (formerly known as Cat scans; why aren't they any more? Not sure) were read. He said "in the basement" and I said "where exactly" and he said, "just exactly right beneath us." I then went on a wild goose chase only to find that it was not anywhere near "right beneath us" and was in fact on the other side of the hospital. I have since been left to wonder: Did he think I was asking him just, in general, where the effing basement was? Argh!!!

Lucie walks and claps now. She continues to be the smiliest person on the planet. I can't stand knowing that I don't get to go home to see her tonight!

There is an epi...no...PANdemic in Denver of Left-turn-on-green illiteracy. Not once or twice, but multiple times now have I been behind someone in the left lane when the light turns green and they look up, notice it's greenness, and then do absolutely nothing. At first, I think that possibly they are just waiting for a yellow to make their move. But NAY! They just sit there and let it turn yellow and then Red! What the crapstain!?!? At first I just let it slide, but yesterday when it happened for the umpteenth time I did indeed let forth a slight honk of the horn. In reply I received much flapping of the arms and dirty looks in both rear views. I responded in kind (minus the rearviews, unless you count hers). But the situation was not remedied. What could POSSIBLY be going through these peoples heads? "Ah yes, I remember this from Driver's Ed. 'Always wait for every other light to turn.'"

The other day I walked past a lady as she was saying to the lady from whom she was purchasing an over-priced caffeinated beverage, "Can you believe the nerve of that woman? Brushing her hair right here? Disgusting!" I thought to myself how silly that lady seemed for making such a big deal of such a benign act. Am I as bad as that lady for my green light story!?!??!?!?!?!??! Is there a standard pattern of ?'s and !'s that is grammatically acceptable?!??!?!?????!?!!! I don't think so !!!?!??!!????!!!!!

No comments: