Monday, October 15, 2007

?ar

Is it a coincidence that my siblings nicknames all end in ar?
Sar,
Gar,
Lar,
Tar-Tar
Care-Bear

Ok, so the last one doesn't count. But at least her name is close. I am left to try and somehow smash an "ar" on Josh. Jar? Joshuar? It can't be done.

Wow, is this all I have to blog about today? Go Rockies! Last night's game was pretty sweet. How about that 3-run homer?!? How about me knowing what baseball is?!?

Ooh, I know what I have to talk about. Using reverse psychology, I tricked Melissa into going to the world's largest model train store. (really, guys? Really?) At least that's what the huge sign on the side of the building says. Anyway, after spending WAY too much time in there we ended up buying a model train. Yes, we are clinically insane. But it is pretty neato. Since it was so expensive we just bought the locomotive and a (non-matching) caboose. It is a first-gen Union Pacific Diesel Locomotive. And it makes totally sweet sounds. It looks like this, but tiny:

Sweet, no?
I had to endure about 20 minutes of model-train code/babble from this old codger who acted like he didn't want me to buy it because I didn't know enough about the subject. There was a whole lot of talk of "QSI's" and "DCC" and "z79sgj." None of it made any sense to me and I wondered if this is what patients feel like when I explain medical problems to them. You wouldn't believe the amount of effort that people put into model trains and running them. It's pretty intense. I felt like I would have been ushered out by security if I had just been truthful and said "I just want a choo-choo to go around my christmas tree."

2 comments:

gar hole said...

Shuar works for me, or Jar Jar Binks.

David said...

well, it sounds like my job, i work with some engineers who talk the same way, they are making a train simulatior right now for the egyptian goverment, crazy stuff, i just hope it doesnt blow up.