Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Josh Means

Sweetie (whose actual name I no longer remember) and I had a movie marathon yesterday, and we had some phenomenal success.

First off, Blue Harvest:

This is Family Guy does Star Wars. HOLY CRAP! Anyone who has ever seen Star Wars will find this hysterical, and a serious fan may need a non-rebreather to remain consious. Peter and Ryan and Brook and Rob: I order you to watch this film within 48 hours. You will thank me for it.

Next was 3:10 to Yuma:

I'm a big fan of Christian Bale, and Russell Crowe seems like a decent fellow, when he's not singing in his "band." But I'm not usually much into westerns. This was no exception. They both do well, but the heavily poignant moments in the film just weren't all that poignant. I just needed some more poign. Of course, the film didn't get a fair shake, as I was up wrasslin' my critter half the time, trying to fix her up some vittles before she hit the hay, thus my attention was not long fixed upon the screen.

Third, and most importantly, Sunshine:

This is a must see. I don't know how this film managed to be so sneaky. I hadn't even heard of it being in the theaters. But then I saw that old Danny-boy(le) had been up to something new and decided to give it a shot. I loved it. Don't get your hopes up, it won't fix global warming or straighten your teeth, but it's pretty damn good. Jase and Malc need to see this. Jase needs to buy it on HD-DVD and melt his face off watching it downstairs.

Lastly, last week we watched the following disappointment:

Strangely, I thought I hadn't seen it before, only to realize halfway through that in fact I had seen it. Man, that tells you just how forgettable this movie is. Ok, I'm being harsh. It wasn't THAT bad. It wasn't as bad as, say, Against Her Will: The Carrie Buck Story. But it was not good. Interestingly, the plots of Sunshine and Event Horizon are not terriblly different. But this is a great example of how something can go horribly wrong between the script and the the screen.

Go see Sunshine. And Blue Harvest. Probably in that order, so as to more easlily go to sleep afterwards.

1 comment:

gar hole said...

i bought blue harvest on the way home after we talked.

amazing.

-gar