Tuesday, January 15, 2008

you're it


Having been "tagged" by tarsky I will now reveal 6 things that few people know about me. (I don't there is anything about me that nobody else knows...well, ok...except for that.)

1) I ridicule and chastise my wife for filling our home with Us Weekly, Star, and other filthy rag-mags in the house, often informing her that by purchasing these magazines she is contributing to the horrible suffering these socialites endure. However, what do you think I read when I'm liquidating my assets?

2) I once lit a stack of pizza boxes on fire and threw them down into the gutter.

3) I should have failed AP English in High school but instead was allowed to graduate thanks to the kindness of the teacher to whom I was often rude. (Geez, this is getting depressing!)

4) I once dreamt something very specific only to have the exact event actually occur in real life months later.

5) There is a scene in the modern remake of Miracle on 34th Street, specifically where a mother drops off her deaf child on Santa's lap and explains, "You don't have to say anything, she just wanted to meet you." Santa looks sadly for a moment, and then begins to sign to the child, and this effing kid, who is either the greatest actor ever to live on the earth, or is genuinely reacting to a fluent-in-ASL Santa, LIGHTS UP. I cry every time. EVERY...TIME. Hell, I'm crying now.

6) (following Pete's 'in another life' theme) I would have liked to be a professional musician.


There, now that my soul (which is not y-shaped) is bare nekked...

Following along that theme (again, you will be quite confused if you haven't read Pete's blog yet, so go over there), I don't think I can perceive my soul per se, but I have definitely pondered the fact that what makes up my consciousness does seem to hang out in my head. This may seem obvious to some, but why should we necessarily be aware of our thought center being in our head. I sometimes think it's because we rely so heavily on our eyes for perceiving so right behind our eyeballs just seems like where we think. It's almost like I have proprioception of my thoughts. Strange. Let's hang out sometime, and stay up late, and sometime around 3:30 a.m. this will make sense.

Now for the daily dork-out: Apple is sposed to make several big announcements today. Let me tell you that I got all excited when I went to apple.com today and it has this mysterious "something in the air" teaser. Some new wireless related thing?!? Something not meant to be taken literally? Who cares! I'm stoked!

Ok, now Gar, and Sar, and Brohawk: You're it!

1 comment:

gar hole said...

i started to tear up on 5.

maybe it's the tear in my contact.

-gar