Friday, February 22, 2008

less common synonym for random

Now that I've figured out to post mobile-y, I can finally remember to blog all the random little thoughts that occur to me during the day. Welcome to the stream of consiousness series!


Words that me cringe (and honestly I don't know why):

1. Nectar

2. Buckle

3. [Ask me sometime, it's PG-13]



In other news (remember that blog that we forgot about?):
You know that scene in the Wizard of Oz when Dorothy has just killed the wicked witch and the oh-eee-oh...e-ooooh-oh guy gives her the broom? Unless my memory is skewed, as he's handing it to her he says:
"Here...and take it with you."
What? So, the "here" part wasn't clear? "And" take it with you? Just in case she thought he was giving it to her but expected her to leave it at the castle on display, museum-style?



I have had enough unpleasant experiences interrupting folks in the restroom (one was enough) that now I have to jiggle the handle of the door 3 or 4 times loudly before I dare open it. Kind of like firing a warning shot across her bow.



Have you ever been yelled at for no reason? Have you ever tried to calmly explain to someone that your actions are motivated by concern and knowldege only to receive a tyrade of accusations that you are cruel, heartless, and bad at your chosen profession? If not, I recommend you try it: it's a blast.



Worst parts of my job in rank order:

#6) 3:45 a.m. alarm
#5) The magical Pager Fairy will page you to a number that, when immediately called back, will be busy, or not answer after 50 rings.
#4) Enduring 8+ years of "higher education" only to be made to feel like a complete idiot on a daily basis
#3) Seeing my daughter for < or = 1.5 hours per day.
#2) When a hot dog vendor screws up his job, you don't get your hot dog. When I screw up my job...
[drum roll]
#1) Not a day goes by that I don't smell that homeless, drunken, tobacco, poopy, urine smell. Not a single day.

No comments: