Friday, November 03, 2006

My dream, Someone else's dream, and a nightmare

Last night I dreamt the following saga:
I was going up some mountain with family to go skiing. We had to climb right up the front of the mountain that was covered with houses much like the foothills of mount olympus in Salt Lake City. Toward the top the path became sketchy and while trying to find my footing I stepped on a piece of metal that proceeded to fall onto a cafe-like environment 50 feet below. The piece of metal was like a car door. There was a girl behind me who noticed the falling piece of metal and was as terrified as me to watch it fall down towards all the people. I didn't see exactly where it landed but it crashed and some scary guy looked up and started to come after me so as to kill me. I then went inside the mountain which was also, surprisingly, housing a swim and tennis club. I waded through the indoor portion of a kidee pool and then started going down the front of the mountain. The only way off the mountain was through an ENORMOUS indoor stadium with the seats going down the face of the mountain. I ended up on a balcony of impossible proportions that had no obvious way of getting down. I then went to the side and went down a small staircase that led to a tube that you had to jump into and slide down the rest of the way. The tube was like a giant half-filled blood pressure cuff. The girl from before came down with me and then we were both outside on a dock near an ocean on a grey day. She said we had to swim so we dove into the choppy ocean and began swimming. I then noticed that this ocean was where the upper field of the old Uintah Elementary used to be. I saw some killer whales swimming ahead and got nervous. Then I was suddenly given an aerial view of my situation and saw a blue whale that was about twice as big as they already freaking are in real life just below me. I was filled with complete terror. I barely made it to the edge of the upper playground and went down the steps towards the old Uintah, which of course no longer exists.

Fin.

Now, somebody else's dream: There is this totally sweet new channel called MHD = Music High Definition which shows sweet shows from VH1, MTV, etc that actually have some relation to music, as opposed to the dismal offerrings currently found on MTV. I first watched VH1 storytellers of Dave Matthews Band and am now watching the same show of Pearl Jam. It rules. But intertwixt these two they showed some sweet high-def music videos. Instead of the usual crappy large white font explanation in the bottom left corner of what the song is, there is a tiny little cg thing. Anyway, the video for DMB's Dream Girl is totally great. Enough to make me actually like Julia Roberts again. Amazing.

Fin, part deux.

Lastly, I must get back to the upcoming unpleasantness: the BOARDS. 2 weeks to go and I sure as heckfire am not ready. Hey Daniel, do you remember when we had that huge fight in kindergarten as to whether the proper word was "Ain't" or "Amn't?" I'm wondering if you've found any more proponents of the whole amn't thing.

Ok, peace out.

3 comments:

napalmbrain said...

As a matter of fact, I have. But this isn't Daniel, of course. I learned that amn't used to be a popular construction, and at one time was considered grammatical. But I don't have any idea where "ain't" came from. It could be a shortening of "I not," from the stupid part of the country where people started talking like Klingons.

gar hole said...

DUDE! i almost always say amn't when given the opportunity.

also, ashley and i also used to say it when we were young and irritating.

-gar

brook said...

Weird dreams man. What do you think Ryan means when he describes his ability to irritate in the past tense?

j to the k.
i kid