Thursday, August 31, 2006

Life = Changed

So, I haven't posted in a billion years. This is why:

My little Lucie is amazing. I'm so proud. When she was born (by c-section, which is a horrifying experience when it's a stranger, let alone when it's your wife/child) the song playing in the operating room was Won't Get Fooled Again, right at the middle part with the synthy-sounds and when he comes back in and screams. It was great. I will someday make a movie demonstrating it's awesomeness.
In the meantime, I must prepare to send out Residency applications tomorrow, pack to leave my family for a month and go home to Utah. It will be great to be home and chill with the brotherhood, but I am dreading being away from the little one for so long. She's one week old today! Ok, enough sap.

P.S. My daughter/child/kid/baby (all of which sound really weird when applied to myself) was born, much to her father's appreciation, on a nice even date: 8/24/2006. Isn't that nice? Dad and I expatiated about it's goodness--a lot was said about prime numbers and lowest common denominators, and voir dire, and the weigert-meyer rule.

P.P.S. Somebody buy my car please. It's fun, but I'm getting like 37 yards per gallon.

P.P.P.S. I hope, if I'm ever accused of a felony, that I'm picked up in a 2007 Red Cadillac Escalade eating a salad with a bounding carotid pulse.

P.P.P.P.S I am not above admitting that I am so proud that Lucie is a redhead. It's the bomb.com

3 comments:

Aliyya said...

OMG!! Congrats!!!!

Liz said...

What a great picture! And what a great name, I have 3 girls & I always wanted to name one Lucie (after the character from Mrs. Tiggy Winkle by Beatrix Potter) but my husband vetoed it. So we have a Black Lab named Lucie :)

The Bombic said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations to you and Melissa!