Thursday, October 12, 2006

And now with pictures!

U.S. Air was sub-par for me this week, as far as airlines go. After being delayed for a billion years in st. louis, I got to phily where we promptly sat on the asphalt about 50 feet from the gate for 45 minutes because of a lightning storm. I then had to rush to my next gate to catch my 3rd and final flight of the day to Baltimore. Unfortunately, the way to the shuttle was not as clearly marked as I would have needed and before I knew it I found myself outside of security with no way of getting back in. The lady kindly offered that I could "go outside and walk down 2 terminals." Seeing as I had 15 minutes to catch my flight, it was more of a "run." A run in those same uncomfortable dress shoes mentioned in an earlier post. Of course, and unlike in the movies, all of my running did not pay off, other than in the form of feeling faint and nauseated, and they would not let me on the plane. To add some extra frustration the plane was sitting right there, and continued to sit right there for another 20 minutes, but no Josh's were allowed to board. I will skip to the point which is this: I spent the night in the Philadelphia airport on a bench just like this one:

Those armrests look comfortable, don't they? This is how awesome I looked after 5 hours on one of those bad boys:

Note the fatigue/frustration-induced acne.
But whatevs, I got home safe, and that's what counts. Here are some other sweet pics from my midwestern sojourn:

The last plane I boarded (number 6 of the trip), at sunrise, no less.

At least the airline catered to the many wizards and sorcerers aboard our flying craft. [Insert broom joke here]

Ricky-Bobby would be proud.

Isn't autumn perty? Reminds me of broccoli.
Going back to the beginning of the trip for a moment.

Me, at the beginning. Judas! I don't look any different. How upsetting.

Sweet indoor tram in the Detroit airport that alters spacetime when photographed appropriately. Also sweet, it's just above gate ASS. Hey, speaking of ass, I saw this 'un the other day:

I love maryland. I wonder if anybody even noticed.
Ok, back to the trip.

This was the caliber of vehicle I was shuttled about in. I think the pilot was a webelos.

The thriving metropolis of Columbia, Missouri. Yes, folks, this is the whole airport. I could fill a chapter just on the events at this great place, but I'm not going to.

House we could probably afford even on a resident's salary.

House we could probably afford if I sold my man-wares.

Super blurry shot over St. Louis. Wow, even I'm bored.

Flew over the hospital where I had my OB rotation. If you squint you can see my testicles.

Sweet shot of Baltimore as we were landing. Double bonus, step back and this looks like a view from the space shuttle.

Fort McHenry. Look it up, and then please rise for the National Anthem.

Some wheels and the plane's shadow if you're really spiffy.

Those white lines!!!

Ok, everybody make that sound.

Alright, that's the trip. I'm so tired. So, so very tired. I also got selected for the extra-groping by TSA folks today. I think my smell set off their terror-sensors.

1 comment:

napalmbrain said...

Broom joke- "insert brooms here" oh geez. not funny.

ps- I'm the webelos leader. don't mess.