Thursday, October 12, 2006

tape delay

I am sitting in the St. Louis airport. I was supposed to fly to Detroit from here and then finally to Baltimore. But my flight to Detroit was delayed so they transferred me to another flight. That flight then decided to be full. So I went back and was transferred to yet another flight this time to Philadelphia where I will supposedly connect to Baltimore. However, it is now 6:17 p.m. and the flight to Phily which wass supposed to take off at 6:25 is now posted only as “delayed.” There is not a gate agent in sight. Just 100 people who keep, like myself, looking up to see if any sort of airline employee gives a rat’s about this flight. I have been stuck in St. Louis before, actually in 1998 on my way to France. Oh my goodness, an employee, I must go. No wait, she just walked by and went down our gate without saying a word to anyone. Awesome. I don’t even have internet to kill time with. I’m writing this in word and by the time you’re reading this I will have found access to the internet and copied these very words. The ones that I’m typing right now. Each one of these l-e-t-t-e-r-s. OK, the jet-lag is getting to me. Just as long as I don’t have to ride on another 10-seater airplane. It felt like that old white roller coaster at Lagoon, except without the “comfort” of being attached to wood.

No comments: