Monday, April 23, 2007

On call

Wow, I did not miss being on call.

You know how sometimes people can be heard yelling into their cell phones? And occasionally they say things that make you wonder if they realize that they are letting the whole world know those things? Well, today on the way into the hospital, a man was screaming into his cell phone: "Well, they gave me a new anti-biotic, And an Anti-Fungal Cream." I capitalize to emphasize how awesome it was. It sure made me laugh.

What a weird profession I have chosen for myself. One that will regularly require me to stay up all night long answering mundane and/or gut-wrenching questions. Good thing I'm not an anxious person. And good thing I don't like sleeping very much.

[trombone] Wah wah wah wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

1 comment:

napalmbrain said...

Wait- that sounds like emergency medicine. Weren't you going into Urology?